It seems I have come to evolve a good procedure for studying Sanskrit texts –
- Separate conjoint words, which in Sanskrit can be called as पदच्छेद
- detail the compound words by the component words contained therein i.e. समासविग्रह
- Understand every word by all shades of its meaning by etymology व्युत्पत्ति and dictionary शब्दार्थ
- Set the words syntactically or paraphrase the overall meaning अन्वयार्थ
- Jot down notes and comments, which reveal when exploring the meaning.
उपनिषद-s are important Sanskrit texts, which merit study, adopting this procedure. I thought it good to present their study in a distinct blog with the title as उपनिषदध्ययनम्, firstly because there are said to be 108 उपनिषद-s. One can do justice to their study in a distinct blog devoted to their study.